When it comes to choosing the top rated vacuum cleaner for your carpets, you may be looking for something that is both efficient and smart, without breaking the bank either.
We have the budget-friendly CleanMate CM3 option, which not only cleans your carpets, but also offers up to 6 different cleaning patterns to choose from! As well as a precision navigation system, that will cause it to go around certain objects and furniture with ease.
If you wish to have something a little more advanced, then Roomba series is an excellent way to go. Not only do they offer a thorough clean for all types of surfaces, but they also include other handy features, such as voice control and smart integration with Alexa and Google Home! Meaning that you have to hardly lift a finger while your home is being vacuumed.
Not to mention its specifically designed carpet boost mode, that really allows it to get deeper into the dirt.
Whatever your preferences may be, hopefully, you’ll find something you like from the options we have picked out.
Feel free to use our navigation system, to skip ahead to any part.
iRobot Roomba s9
iRobot Roomba never fails to provide us with excellent floor cleaning capabilities, not to mention the advanced features that come with it.
You can enjoy clean carpets with its powerful 40x suction power, higher than most models on the market today. Pair that with its high-efficiency filter, and you can kiss pet hair, dust and dirt goodbye. It’s also worth mentioning that iRobot Roomba s9 is also compatible with an Automatic Dirt Dispenser which you can purchase separately. Or if that’s something you wish to look into more, the Roomba s9+ and i7+ models already come with one included.
- Gives a Deeper Clean – By using its power boost technology, your Roomba will be able to get deeper into those carpets, sucking up all that dirt and hair. It will increase its power as much as necessary during its cleaning.
- Returns to its Base – As soon as your robot is done with his task, it will return to its base to recharge again and await its next task. However, if the task isn’t completed yet, once it has finished recharging, it will pick up right from where it had left off.
This useful feature will save you both time and energy in having to decide where your Roomba had stopped cleaning, and having to wait for it.
- Knows your Home – Using its advanced Imprint Smart Mapping Technology, your Roomba will be able to effectively map out your home, and therefore, navigate easier around it. It also allows you to control which rooms should be cleaned, and which shouldn’t. So rather than having your Roomba clean your whole home, you can save time and set it to clean just one area instead, such as the kitchen or living room.
- Enjoy a hands-free control – You can tell your Roomba exactly where you want it to clean, using just your voice! Using Alexa or Google Assistant, simply say, ‘’Alexa, tell Roomba to clean my kitchen’’ and it will do so straight away. A great feature to use when your hands are full.
You also have the great option of using scheduling too! Through the iRobot Home app, you can set daily cleaning schedules for your smart vacuum to follow. It can be from whichever location you wish, like your office or even while abroad!
- Perfect for Edges – Roomba s9 takes care of your edges and corners too! With its advanced PerfectEdge Technology, it uses specifically designed corner brushes, to get deeper into those spaces.
Ideal if you have pets, as pet hair tends to get stuck into all nooks and crannies.
- Extra Boost for your Carpets – Roomba s9 has been specifically designed to clean your carpets at home. With its useful carpet boost mode, it will gather enough power to get deeper right into the dirt. Making it an ideal choice for any home.
- Expensive – The Roomba s9 is definitely more on the expensive side, especially if you decide to opt for the automatic bin dispenser or s9+ model. Yet with its advanced technology and useful smart home features, it still provides you with great cleaning experience.
Neato Botvac D7 Connected
This uniquely ‘D’ shaped smart vacuum is a great choice for any home, especially if you have many carpets to clean.
With its 70% larger round brush, than any other leading vacuums, Neato D7 can pick up even more dirt, dust, and hair. While also providing you with other useful technology, such as laser-guided mapping and voice control.
- No Go Lines – With Neato D7, you have two ways of protecting certain areas in your home.
You can do it via the app, and set virtual lines that your Neato cannot cross, or you can also use Boundary Markers, which are black strips that you lay on the floor, that effectively prevent your Neato from crossing over.
Both options are a useful way to keep your smart vacuum out of certain locations. Like where you keep your pet food bowls or your children’s toys, it’s good to have an option for keeping certain spots safe and vacuum free.
- Different Modes for Different Cleaning – With Neato D7 Connected, you can switch between two modes, Eco and Turbo.
The Eco Mode is great for saving power and energy, as it offers a quieter and gentler clean for your home. It’s best used while away or if you aren’t in a rush, as it takes its time to clean your home.
While the Turbo Mode provides you with a more aggressive clean, best suited for carpets and other harder to clean spots.
- Set Your Own Times – By using the scheduling feature via the Neato app, you can automatically set your own cleaning times as you wish. It can be early in the morning before you get up for work, or during the afternoon, the choice is yours.
And to take it a step further, by using Alexa and Google Assistant, you can have the advantages of voice control too.
- Zone Cleaning – Set specific locations through the app for your smart vacuum to clean! If you find your carpet getting frequently dirty or covered in pet hair, simply set your Neato to go over it several times throughout the day, and enjoy your clean carpets all the time.
- Not Suited for High-Pile Carpets – While Neato D7 is a good choice for low, and medium-pile carpets, it might not be the best option for high pile carpets. It’s worth looking into other brands if you were looking for something better suited for that type, such as Roomba s9.
- A Little Loud – Neato D7 has a sound level of 64dB, making it a little louder than other brands out there. So it might not be suited for late-night vacuuming.
Eufy Robovac 11S MAX
The Slim built Eufy 11S MAX makes a great option for your floors and carpets alike. With its advanced BoostIQ Technology, it will increase its suction power in 1.5 seconds, when extra vacuuming is needed. Making it an ideal choice for carpet owners.
Even while on Boost mode, its noise levels won’t be higher than 55dB. Making it quieter than other models on the market, so you can have it on throughout the night if you wish.
- Cleans Quietly – You can enjoy a quite clean, as eufy Robovac 11S MAX has a noise level of only 55dB. Meaning that you can have it on during the night, or even while you’re watching a movie.
- Larger Dust Box – You won’t have to worry about having to constantly change your smart vacuums bin, as it boasts a larger capacity of 0.6L. This feature is especially handy if you have many pets at home, as fur tends to fill up the bin quickly.
- Avoids Objects – Using its anti-collision sensors, your eufy can effectively avoid bumping into objects during its cleaning. This is especially great if you have a lot of furniture or other objects on the floors, as you won’t have to worry about your smart robot disturbing them.
- 3-Point Cleaning System – Your carpets will never be the same again. By using its 3- point cleaning system, eufy 11S MAX is able to loosen, extract and vacuum dirt, dust, and hair to give your floors and carpets a superior clean.
- Lean Built – Eufy Robovac 11S MAX has a slim build of only 2.85 inches, making it ideal for maneuvering around and under the furniture in your home.
- No App – Unfortunately eufy 11S MAX doesn’t come with an app, therefore you’re unable to use features such as voice control and scheduling, contrary to other leading brands.
- No Virtual Walls – If there are some spots you want to keep blocked off, you’ll have to ensure to do so yourself. As there are no virtual boundary options for eufy Robovac 11S MAX. If Virtual Walls are something you can’t do without, it’s worth looking into Neato series, as they offer both virtual no go lines, and physical boundary strips.
iRobot Roomba 980
Roomba has plenty of options when it comes to keeping your carpets spotless. And this is where it leads us to Roomba 980. This sleek and well designed smart vacuum has a lot to offer, with its premium 3-stage cleaning system, and smart home integration with both Alexa and Google Home.
Roomba, unlike other brands, is well suited for all types of floors and carpets, both low-pile and high-pile. So you know you can’t go wrong with this clever robot.
- Cool Dirt Detect Sensors – Your dirt won’t have anywhere to hide, with Roomba’s advanced dirt detect sensors. These sensors work hard on specific areas in your home that tend to collect a lot more dirt, dust and animal furs, such as the hallway or kitchen. Paired with its Edge-Sweeping brush, your Roomba won’t miss a spot.
- iRobot Home app – There are many ways in which you can control your smart vacuum via the app.
You can use voice control, and simply tell Alexa or Google to turn on your Roomba, and it will do so accordingly.
Or you can use the scheduling feature. Which allows you to set specific times during which your robot will clean, to fit your busy daily life. It can be in the morning as you leave for the office, or during your commute home. The choice is yours.
- Comes with a Barrier – Roomba 980 does come with its own wall barrier, so if you were thinking of purchasing one, you’re in luck!
Wall barriers work great protecting certain spots in which you don’t want your smart vacuum getting into. Such as the room where your kids keep their toys in, or where you have floor plants.
- Voice Control – Now you don’t even have to operate you Roomba by just pressing buttons, you can use your voice too! By using Alexa or Google Assistant, you can tell your Roomba to switch on and off, as you please.
- Power Boost Technology – This type of technology is ideal for carpets, as it will cause your smart vacuum to boost up its power, where necessary. Pair that with its 10x suction power, you can rest assured that it will pick up as much dirt and pet hair as possible.
- Pricey – While the price isn’t as high as that of the Roomba s9 model, it’s still expensive compared to other brands on the market today.
- Suction Power – Once again, compared to Roomba s9’s 40x suction power, it does fall a little short with its 10x. Yet when paired up with the power boost, it still provides a deep clean for your floors and carpets.
No products found.
A smart vacuum for your home doesn’t always have to break the bank. CleanMate CM3 offers a great clean using its unique bilateral side brushes and a durable rollers brush that picks up dust, hair and more from your carpets and floors.
It also uses its precision navigation system that features ultrasonic sensors that can detect and bypass any obstacles in its path.
You also have the ability to choose from 6 different cleaning patterns, to even further deep clean your floors.
- Auto Recharging – When its battery reaches 20%, the CleanMate will pop back into its base on its own, it order to charge up again. So you won’t have to worry about having to find it and bring it to its base yourself.
- Choose your Pattern – Decide how you want your floors to be cleaned, by deciding on the type of pattern it will use.
You can choose from Random, S-shape, Spiral, Wall-following ( for those edges and corners), Polygonal, and deep clean modes for your carpets and floors.
- Cliff Sensors – You’ll be able to rest assured that your smart vacuum won’t come tumbling down the stairs while cleaning the second floor, with its advanced sensors warning him of potential danger.
- Easy to Schedule – You can easily schedule your CleanMate 7 days a week, with whatever suits your daily life. You can have it cleaning your home several times a day or in the evening while getting ready for bed, the choice is yours.
- No Alexa or Google Home – For those of you who are looking for smart home integration features, we’re sorry to say that CleanMate CM3 isn’t compatible with Alexa or Google Home. Meaning that you can’t take advantage of some features, such as voice control. However, the scheduling feature is still available to this model.
Top Rated Vacuum Cleaners For Carpets — Our Thoughts
Having carpets at home can pose a great difficulty when it comes to keeping them constantly clean. Especially if you have furry pets at home or plants.
So it will be important for you the type of smart vacuum you decide to choose for such a task.
While all the top-rated vacuum cleaners for carpets we mentioned today have some excellent features, it comes down to what suits you and your home.
You have CleanMate CM3, the more budget-friendly option, that will still offer you a great clean, even if you can’t use more advanced features, such as voice control, similarly to eufy 11S MAX. But if that’s not what you’re looking for, then both brands can benefit your floors and carpets.
For an even deeper clean, while also using more advanced technology, it’s worth looking into the Roomba series. Particularly Roomba s9, as it offers up to 40x of suction power, really tackling all the dirt and pet hair from all types of surfaces. Not to mention its carpet boost mode, specifically designed for the task.
While still offering great features such as voice control and scheduling.
So, if you are willing to splash out on smart vacuum that not only cleans well, but has some great smart home integration features too, it’s worth looking into Roomba s9 and Neato D7 Connected.
Last update on 2021-03-02 at 18:39 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API