Don’t miss a move with a smart doorbell!
Smart doorbells are almost like smart cameras with their ability to stream live footage both day and night, as well with their 2-way audio and motion detection features too.
They allow us to know who’s coming and going, and if there might be a potential package thief lurking outside our home!
Today we’ll be looking at eufy Doorbell vs. Ring 2 and the great benefits they can bring to our homes. If you’re looking for an efficient smart camera that doesn’t come with any subscription plan, then you might like eufy doorbell.
So let’s get right to it, and check out both models out today!
Feel free to use our navigation system to skip down to any part you prefer.
eufy Doorbell vs. Ring 2 — Things in Common
- Live-View – Watch your spouse arrive home or keep an eye on your pets while away with the live view on-demand feature! This allows you to seamlessly access the footage straight from your iOS or Android smartphone, allowing you to keep an eye on your home whenever and wherever you are.
- Night Vision – Same goes for night time too! Now you can rest easy knowing that it’s only the neighborhood raccoon making that racket outside your home.
- Two-Way Audio – Both eufy doorbell and Ring 2 smart cameras have the two-way audio technology available.
You can access it straight from the app, and communicate with your postman, or tell your guests you will be home soon when you’re stuck in traffic.
- Network – In order for your smart doorbell to function properly you’ll need to ensure that you have a 2.4GHz network available. If not, it’s worth looking into a WiFi extender such as Ring Chime Pro to ensure your smart doorbell is running at its optimal level.
- Field of View – The field of view refers to how much coverage your smart doorbell offers you. So whether you can see your whole porch or a much smaller area, is a crucial thing to keep in mind when purchasing your new doorbell.
Luckily, both eufy doorbell and Ring 2 offer a similar and decent view range of 160°.
- Alexa & Google Assistant – You can now have a hands free experience with both of your smart doorbells! Luckily, eufy doorbell and Ring integrate with both Alexa and Google Assistant too.
Meaning that with the aid of a smart speaker such as Echo Show 5 or even Google Hub, you can execute simple voice commands such as, “Alexa, who’s at the door”, or “Google, turn off the motion sensors.”
However, it’s worth to note that Ring does not currently support the ability to stream your Ring devices on Chromecast, and other features of Google Assistant may also be limited.
- Operating Temperature – It’s important to know whether your doorbell is more suited for indoor, or outdoor use.
Fortunately, both smart doorbells are able to withstand the harshest elements, as their operating temperatures range from -4° to 122° F, with the exception of Ring 2 being slightly higher with -5°F to 120°F.
eufy Doorbell vs. Ring 2 — Differences
- Difference #1: Resolution – While both smart doorbells offer a vibrant video clarity, eufy doorbell takes it a little further with its 2K HDR and distortion correction, vs. Ring’s 1080p.
Ensuring that footage from eufy is recorded in 2x the quality.
- Difference #2: Power Options & Installation – In terms of power options, Ring 2 is a lot more versatile as it can be both battery-powered, as well as hardwired into your existing wiring.
Both ways have their own benefits.
The battery option ensures that you’ll still have a source of power available, even during a power outage, and there is also no need to fiddle with any wires either.
While the hardwired option provides you with a continuous source of energy, ensuring that your smart doorbell is able to take full advantage of all its features. Especially since the live view on-demand feature is only available when your doorbell is connected to a power source.
While eufy doorbell can only be hardwired and connects to your existing 16-24VAC doorbell wiring.
- Difference #3: Motion Detection – Catch the culprit who stole your package with the motion detection technology!
This function will closely monitor any comings and going of your home, and will notify you via the app if something’s amiss.
While both smart doorbells have this feature, there are a couple of differences.
Ring Video Doorbell 2 has the basic motion detection function, while eufy doorbell possesses an AI technology, paired with its intelligent algorithm which allows the camera to detect body shape and face patterns. So you’ll get notified if a human, not a stray cat wanders on your porch, providing you with alerts that matter!
With eufy you can also set smart detection zones that will monitor select areas that you’ve set, to ensure that it pays more attention to the area where your package gets delivered, or where your car is parked.
- Difference #4: Storage – In terms of storage, with eufy doorbell, there are no hidden costs or subscription plans to worry about.
As it will use 4GB of eMMC memory to store its recorded videos locally, which is more than enough to give you up to 30 days of storage before it starts overwriting its older clips.
While with Ring 2, you’ll need to opt for a Ring Protect Basic, which will allow you to store, review and share videos for up to 60 days. You can also opt for the Ring Protect Plus, which offers professional Ring Alarm monitoring, and up to 10% off future Ring purchases. That would amount to $10 per month, or $100 annually, while Protect Basic comes to $3 monthly and $30 yearly.
- Difference #5: Pre-Recorded Message – Now with eufy doorbell, you can also set up up to 3 pre-recorded messages using your own voice. Ensuring that when you’re notified of any activity, you can easily select one of your recordings to interact and give out instructions.
This can come in handy when telling your delivery service on where to set down your new package, or even scare off a potential intruder.
Unfortunately, Ring 2 doesn’t have this feature available.
- Difference #6: Electronic Chime – eufy doorbell also comes with its very own electronic chime included with it.
Which has up to 8 different fun holiday-themed tunes, and an adjustable volume level as well. However, it’s important to note that this chime won’t be compatible with the eufy Security Video Doorbell.
- Difference #7: Dimensions – In terms of dimensions, Ring 2 is certainly bulkier compared with its measurements of 5.0” x 2.5” x 1.0” vs. 4.8” x 1.7” x 0.9”. Making it more compact and discreet to mount outdoors.
Ring 2 is also more aesthetically pleasing as it comes with 2 interchangeable faceplates of Venetian bronze and satin nickel, while eufy is only available in black.
eufy Doorbell vs. Ring 2 — Comparison Chart
|eufy Doorbell||Ring 2|
|Power Source||Requires 16-24VAC
|Field of View||160° Wide Angle view||160° Horizontal,
|Live-View on Demand||Yes||Yes|
|Alexa & Google Assistant||Yes||Yes|
|Smart Detection Zones||Yes||No|
|Electronic Chime||Included||Sold Separately|
|Dimensions||4.8” x 1.7” x 0.9”||5.0” x 2.5” x 1.0”|
|Operating Temperature||-4° to 122° F||-5°F to 120°F|
eufy Doorbell vs. Ring 2 — Accessories
In terms of accessories for Ring 2, if you like the idea of a battery-powered doorbell it’s a good idea to get a Rechargeable Battery Pack with it, making sure you always have a back up ready.
For eufy doorbell you can also include this Samsung 128GB memory card, to ensure you’ll have even more space for any motion recordings and footage to look back on.
eufy Doorbell vs. Ring 2 — Our Thoughts
Both eufy doorbell and Ring 2 come with exceptional features that will help you watch over the outside of your home with ease.
You can rest assured that your front porch is intruder free with the live-view on-demand feature, and even say hello to your postman with the 2-way audio.
However, in the end, we feel that eufy doorbell is the better choice of the two.
For its budget-friendly price, it provides us with an impressive motion detection technology, local storage, as well as a free electronic chime already included.
Making eufy doorbell a great deal.
Last update on 2021-01-17 at 03:59 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API