Talk to your door with Google!
Smart locks are a great way to protect your home from intruders, by either having keypad access eliminating the potential for lock picking or even having the power to access your home through an app, such as the August Smart Lock. Either way, you are enhancing your home security in a much more efficient way.
Today we’ll be looking at the best smart lock for Google home, for those of you who already have Google smart speakers set up.
This will allow you to take advantage of using voice commands with your smart lock such as “Hey Google, open the door”, or “Hey Google, lock the door” for fun and hands-free control of your door, that will surely impress your guests.
So let’s get right to it, and find the best smart lock for your Google Home!
Feel free to use our navigation system to skip down to any part below.
August Smart Lock, 3rd Generation
Keep your home safe with the August 3rd Generation Smart Lock!
Enjoy controlling your lock remotely via the August app with this smart lock.
You can seamlessly lock or unlock the door from wherever you are, as well as grant keyless access for your friends and family with minimal hassle.
Additionally, August Smart Lock integrates well with Google Home allowing you to take advantage of Google Assistant voice commands through the August Connect Wi-Fi Bridge.
Not only that, but August also supports Alexa too so you can choose between both options.
- August App – Via the August app you can easily lock or unlock the door even from the office! So that means you don’t need to worry about leaving out keys or being on-site, which can be ideal for Airbnb owners.
Additionally, just by installing the August app you are able to enter your home as you please, no keys or codes necessary!
However, it’s worth to keep in mind that if you wish to have remote access as well as the ability to integrate your lock with Google or Alexa, you’ll need to purchase the August Connect Wi-Fi Bridge.
- Easy Set-Up – Because August Smart Lock attaches to your existing deadbolt, it means that the whole installation process shouldn’t take much time at all. Additionally, you can also use your regular keys if you prefer.
- DoorSense – With this smart lock you’ll also be able to take advantage of the DoorSense technology. It’s a type of magnetic sensor that will allow you to know if your door is completely closed and locked. It also has the Auto-Lock function, that’ll automatically lock the door when you leave. So you won’t have to worry about those busy mornings when you leave in a rush.
Nest x Yale Smart Lock
The Nest x Yale Smart lock can also be controlled by Google Assistant, so it’s ideal for those of you who have Google Home as it won’t be compatible with Alexa.
This impressive device is quick to install and works with iOS and Android devices for remote control. You can grant access to anyone you like by providing them with an access code, all done through the Nest app.
- Keyless Deadbolt – Having a keyless deadbolt will ensure that your lock will be tamper-proof, meaning that your lock can’t be picked by a potential intruder. Additionally, this will also eliminate lost or misplaced keys, giving you that extra peace of mind when you arrive home.
All you need is a personal access code, and you’re in! The codes can also be shared across your family and friends too.
- Nest Connect – As Nest is a Google product, it will easily integrate with Google Home. However, it’s important to note that you’ll need to get the Nest Connect which is an additional expense. Unless you already have a Nest Secure System, you can also use that too.
Once you have that, either device will allow you to connect your lock to a WiFi source, and take advantage of useful features such as receiving alerts, scheduling and voice control, which comes in especially handy when your hands are full after a shopping trip.
- Get Alerts – Receive notifications whenever someone locks or unlocks the door, straight to your smartphone so you know what’s going on at home wherever you are.
And if you have a Nest Secure Alarm System it will work seamlessly with your lock automatically disarming when the door is unlocked, without needing you to type in any codes.
Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt
If you’re looking for something that is durable, reliable and connects with Google Home, check out the Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt.
This smart lock allows you to lock and unlock your door from absolutely anywhere when you connect it with a Schlage Sense WiFi adapter. So that means you can check the status of your door, remotely lock and unlock it, and even create custom access codes for your family and friends.
Its deadbolt mechanism provides even more durable protection for your home, making it more difficult for potential intruders to break in by using exert force.
- No More Keys – Easily access your home just by entering your own personal access code, no keys necessary! This eliminates the need to leave out the key for family and friends, or even waste money on making copies.
Additionally, you can also create unique access codes for your family, friends and even the dog walker, all done through the app!
However, you still have the option of using a traditional key if you prefer.
- Schlage Sense WiFi Adapter – By adding the Schlage Sense WiFi Adapter into your home, you can even control your lock remotely. So that means you can lock your door in case you’re unsure whether you did this morning, and allow anyone to access your home without a code, ideal for when the plumber arrives.
And that’s not all, you can also connect your Schlage lock with Google Home, giving you the advantage of using voice commands such as ‘’Google, open the door’’, for a quick way to get into your home, or even impress the guests.
- Built-In Alarm Technology – Know if someone is tampering with the lock with Schlage’s built-in alarm technology which senses potential door attacks, so you’ll never miss a thing when it comes to your front door.
Sesame Smart Lock
This sleek and simple, budget-friendly Sesame Smart Lock easily integrates with Google Home, and allows you and your friends to unlock the door straight from the smartphone!
Having your phone as your key eliminates you having to fumble around looking for the keys after a night out, or by always needing to leave a spare key out for your guests.
Simply grant access to whoever you want, while still having the ability to monitor the last time the door was locked or unlocked, ideal for Airbnb owners.
- Easy Installation – The Sesame Smart lock can easily be placed over your existing lock, eliminating the need for tools, or screws. Making the whole process quick, with no hassle necessary!
- Auto Lock & Unlock – Now you don’t have to worry about whether if you did or didn’t lock the door with Sesame’s auto-locking feature, which will automatically lock the door behind you, and unlock when you arrive.
- Share Access – No more hassle with giving out keys or even codes, as you can add guests and family members from your app, allowing them to use their smartphones to access your home!
Additionally, you can also view via the Sesame app when someone locked or unlocked the door, allowing you to keep tabs on the comings and goings of your home.
- WiFi Access Point – When you set up your new smart lock with a WiFi access point, you can take advantage of other features such as remote access, Google Assistant, and even take advantage of Sesame’s public RESTful API. Which allows you to customize your smart lock’s set up, and create your own ways of locking and unlocking your Sesame.
August Smart Lock Pro + Connect
Protect your home to the max with August Smart Lock Pro.
Use your phone to lock and unlock your door from absolutely anywhere, just make sure to get the August Connect Wi-Fi bridge!
It also automatically unlocks as you approach your home, eliminating the need for any keys and codes, ideal when your hands are full, and it even auto locks as you leave.
You can also add a keypad if you like the idea of using codes that can be shared across your family and friends.
- Remote Control – Keep track of everyone who comes and goes 24/7, all through the August app compatible with iOS and Android devices.
You can even unlock the door for your guests or handyman without having to provide keys or be onsite, saving your time and even money in the long run.
You can also include the August Keypad for PIN code access, as well as continue using your own keys if you prefer.
- Google Home – Your August Connect Smart Lock easily integrates with Google home, allowing you to use voice commands in order to operate your door when you don’t have your smartphone available.
For example, you can say “Hey Google, open the door” for when your hands are full on the way home, or “Hey Google, lock the door” as you’re rushing out!
Either way, you’ll have a fun time having hands-free control over your door.
August Connect also integrates with Bluetooth, Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, and Z-Wave Plus.
- Door Sense – With the DoorSense technology you can rest assured that your door will be tightly shut. As it senses when it’s even slightly open and notifies you about it giving you that extra peace of mind.
Best Smart Lock For Google Home — Our Thoughts
When looking for the best smart door lock for google home, it’s important that you end up with a lock that is also efficient, durable and reliable.
But because this article is about the best smart lock with google home, we feel that Nest and Yale Smart Lock is the way to go.
This smart lock has been specifically designed to work anywhere through Google Assistant, and it connects really well with other Nest products.
With its automated features such as disabling your Nest Secure Alarm System when you arrive home and even unlocking automatically with your phone, making it the superior smart lock on this list.
Last update on 2020-08-06 at 02:40 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API