Today, we’ll talk about smart home lighting automation with the Lutron Smart Bridge Pro. As the digital home automation becomes more and more popular, the Lutron Smart Bridge Pro is actually sounds like a good idea. Not to mention, when we are talking about Lutron—we are talking about a leader in lighting control systems.
With the Smart Bridge Pro, you can turn your Lutron’s un-smart dimmer switches into digital home automation pros. And not only dimmers. The Lutron Smart Bridge Pro is also compatible with Serena battery-powered shades and Honeywell Wi-Fi thermostats. Sounds incredible? Because it is!
Navigate this article:
Tired of Coming Home to a Dark House?
You don’t have to! With the Lutron Smart Bridge Pro you can remotely control light in your home from your smartphone. All you need is a Lutron App and a Wi-Fi connection.
The Smart Bridge Pro itself is a 2.7-inch square box that you connect directly to your router. And trust me, for a box that is meant to sit right near your router, the device has a pretty attractive design.
Installation process is fast and simple. A one-page guide will instruct you to download the Lutron app.
The Lutron app is free and can be used on any Android or Apple smartphone. It is also available for Apple watch.
As of now, Lutron offers two options for smart home lighting automation—the Smart Bridge and the Smart Bridge Pro. There is a slight difference between them. You can check it out reading Lutron Smart Bridge vs. Smart Bridge Pro post where we compare the two and cover all the features.
The Lutron Smart Bridge Pro Specifications:
- Power Supply (included): 5V–1000mA, cable length 6 ft (1.83 m)
- Lutron® Smart Bridge PRO: 1.3 W
- Test Conditions: LED on, Ethernet cable plugged in, powered by the 5V–adapter
- Ambient operating temperature: 32°F to 104°F (0°C to 40°C)
- 0% to 90% humidity, non-condensing
- Indoor use only
- All devices must be located within 30 ft (9 m) of Smart Bridge/Smart Bridge PRO
- System devices operate on frequencies between 431.0 MHz to 437 MHz
- Internet connection required for initial setup and to maintain system date/time and receive periodic firmware updates
- Tested to withstand electrostatic discharge without damage or memory loss in accordance with IEC
- Tested to withstand surge voltages without damage or loss of operation, in accordance with IEEE C62.41-1991
- Should power be interrupted, the Smart Bridge/Smart Bridge PRO will return to its previous state when power is restored
- Ethernet – 3 ft (0.92 m) cable included (for internet and Lutron App connection)
- USB (power only)
- cULus Listed
- NOM certified
- FCC approved. Complies with the limits of a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC rules
- IC certified
- COFETEL certified
Typical Power Consumption:
Power Failure Memory: