Catch your beloved pet off guard with an iRobot Roomba!
When it comes to keeping your floors and carpets spotless, that’s where iRobot Roomba s9 and i7 come in. Both models will work hard to determine the best way to clean your home through Intelligent Imprint Smart Mapping technology which allows them to efficiently clean your home.
While the i7 comes at a cheaper price and offers some great features, iRobot Roomba s9 does pull ahead with its unique ‘D’ shaped design, and power boost system, which works twice as hard to tackle your carpets. This is especially handy if you have pets, as it will suck up all that dirt, hair and dust in no time.
It’s also worth to mention that there is also the Roomba s9+ and Roomba i7+, which offer all the same features, and more! The biggest perk is that they come included with a Clean Base ™ Automatic Dirt Disposal, while the s9 and i7 are compatible, unfortunately, you have to purchase the clean base separately.
With all that information in mind, be sure to check out the rest of the article, to see which model suits your needs best.
Feel free to skip ahead by using our navigation system:
iRobot Roomba s9 vs. i7 — Things in Common
- Imprint Smart Mapping – Imprint Smart Mapping allows the robot to map, learn and determine the best way to clean every room. So this way, you can control which rooms should be cleaned and when. This handy tool also allows the sensors to scan the path ahead at the rate of 25 times per second. How great is that? So you don’t have to worry about your iRobot bumping into walls or any other obstacles.
You can also choose which room needs to be cleaned and when via iRobot Home app. So all you need to say is “Roomba, clean my bedroom” and voila! Because of the smart mapping that your Robot had done before, it knows exactly where to go.
- Carpet Boost Mode – This is especially useful for homes that are mostly carpeted. The dual rubber brushes will work hard to pick up all the dirt, dust and hair, leaving your carpets looking almost as good as new. While Roomba s9 offers a stronger Power cleaning, both offer a Carpet Boost Mood feature for your home.
- Premium 3-stage cleaning system – Both iRobot Roomba s9 and i7 offer a premium 3-stage cleaning system. Which means that they work hard to clean deep into carpets, removing dust, allergens and other small particles. So you can rest assured, that your floors and carpets will be free from dirt and dust.
- vSlam Navigation – vSlam Technology allows your robot to effortlessly navigate and clean your entire home. It used optical sensors to gather over 230, 400 data points every second, in order to create an accurate map of your home. So you can rest assured that your home will be cleaned within your standards.
- iRobot HOME App – Use the handy iRobot Home app to navigate your Roomba. You can enjoy a hands-free control with both Alexa and Google Assistant, to activate voice control and other great features. Simply tell your Roomba which room you’d like it to clean, and you don’t have to do anything else after that. How great it is to have the freedom to tell your Roomba to clean your whole house without having to lift a finger.
- Ideal for homes with pets – Do you have any pets at home? If so, both Roomba s9 and i7, have been specifically designed to deal with cleaning up pet hair, as its High-Efficiency Filter traps 99% of cat and dog allergens. So you won’t have to worry anymore about having pets run around your home.
- Clean Base™ Automatic Dirt Disposal – Both are compatible with the automatic dirt disposal. This works by having the Robots empty their dirt into disposable bags which can hold up to 30 bins of dirt and hair. Though they do have to be purchased separately, yet by owning one you’ll eliminate the need for you to do it, thus saving time and making your home cleaning a little more efficient.
- Recharge and Resume – Both models automatically recharge as needed, and then continue on with the job. This handy feature will save you time in having to worry about whether you have to keep an eye on your iRobot Roomba, as it can do that all by itself.
iRobot Roomba s9 vs. i7 — Differences
- Difference #1: Suction – iRobot Roomba s9 does offer a significantly stronger power suction of 40x, while the i7 provides a 10x. So when it comes to cleaning, s9 offers a much higher power, which is great for carpets or if you have a lot of pets in your home.
- Difference #2: Design – In terms of design, iRobot Roomba i7 comes at a slightly larger size of 13.3 inches in diameter and 3.6 in height. While the Roomba s9 comes at slightly smaller dimensions of 12.25 diameter and 3.5 height. Meaning, that Roomba s9 has the ability to get in some spaces in which i7 might not. Though it’s also worth to mention that s9 is a little heavier weighing 8.15 lbs, as opposed to i7’s 7.44 lbs. Roombas s9 slightly ‘D’ shaped design might also allow it to clean more effectively in more difficult spaces, such as under the couch and cabinets.
- Difference #3: Power Boost – iRobot Roomba s9 offers a great power boost feature, that works really well on carpets and hardwood floors. You don’t have to worry about your floor, as Roomba s9 will take care of it. While Roomba i7 doesn’t have this particular technology, it still offers Carpet Boost Mode, which too is effective.
- Difference #4: PerfectEdge™ Technology – The biggest worry for some might be the ability of the Roombas to be able to get into those tight corners. You don’t have to worry because, Roomba s9 uses the Perfect Edge ™ technology, which allows it to use its maximized-edge design and an angled corner brush, that enables it to get deeper into those corners at home. Providing a throughout cleaning of any type of floor space. Unfortunately, Roomba i7 doesn’t have this feature available.
iRobot Roomba s9 vs. i7 — Comparison Chart
|iRobot Roomba s9||iRobot Roomba i7|
|Run Time||Up to 75 mins.||Up to 75 mins.|
|3 – stage cleaning system||40x Suction||10x Suction|
|iRobot Home App||Yes||Yes|
|Recharge & Resume||Yes||Yes|
|Imprint ™ Smart Mapping||Yes||Yes|
|Voice control||Alexa, Google Assistant||Alexa, Google Assistant|
|Weight||8.15 lbs.||7.44 lbs.|
|Height||3.5 inches.||3.6 inches.|
|Diameter||12.25 inches.||13.3 inches.|
|iAdapt||Yes, 3.0||Yes, 3.0|
|IR Remote Control||No||No|
|Compatible with Automatic Dirt Disposal||Yes||Yes|
|Virtual Wall Barrier||Comes with one||Comes with one|
iRobot Roomba s9 vs. i7 — Accessories
When it comes to accessories, both iRobot Roomba s9 and i7 have a lot to offer, so let’s take a look at some other additional products you could include to further enhance your cleaning experience.
Both iRobot Roomba s9 and i7 are compatible with the Clean Base ™ Automatic Dirt Disposal. This handy addition automatically empties out your Roomba robot’s bin, so you don’t have to worry about it! It can hold up to 30 bins full of dirt, so you won’t have to worry about it filling up fast.
Also, while both Roombas come with 1 wall barrier, you can purchase more if needed. These 2-pack wall barriers offer great control over where your robot cleans, by making sure to keep your iRobot Roomba in the rooms you want to be cleaned, and out of the ones you don’t. The Halo mode also keeps your vacuum away from places you don’t want it to be near, such as your pet’s food and plants.
iRobot Roomba s9 vs. i7 — Our Thoughts
It’s clear that both iRobot Roombas offer great functionality when it comes to cleaning your home. While the i7 comes with a cheaper price tag, and great features too, such as Imprint Smart Mapping and vSlam Navigation that is sure to keep your floors clean, there is no denying that iRobot Roomba s9 does come out first. With its PerfectEdge technology and power boost capabilities, it offers a deep cleaning like no other.
We know that it might not be the budget-friendly option, but if you’re willing to spend more, then you won’t be disappointed with what iRobot Roomba s9 has to offer when it comes to keeping your floors spotless.
Other Roomba Articles
- iRobot Roomba i7 vs. 980 | JCA
- iRobot Roomba e5 vs. i7+ | JCA
- iRobot Roomba Comparison Chart & Overview | JCA
Last update on 2021-04-16 at 10:59 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API